Club Ride Saturday 21st January 2023 – CANCELLED

Our run of bad luck with weather continues this week. Looking at the weather forecast with the overnight frost, the amount of water on the roads and the slow increase in temperature on Saturday the risk of black ice is not compatible with a peloton style ride.

I did consider a gravel ride as the trails should be fine but that still needs an element of road riding to join up the trails. So unfortunately, no planned club ride again this week.

However, like the Pools Panel we have a standby plan for such days. Phil G will post details of a group Zwift ride for Saturday morning for those that want to be sociable. Hopefully riders can get out later in the day if it warms up a bit, but that needs to be an individual’s decision on how they view the conditions.

Stay safe and let’s hope for a “normal” club ride next week.


Share this post